Page title does not use naming guidelines. Also, a forward slash between two words defines an either/or option (e.g. Backup for full/partial configurations) which I don't think is meant to be the case here.
--Gen2ly 06:16, 12 December 2009 (EST)
- The slash was supposed to be a subpage. It looks like that's disabled in this wiki for article namespace (as it is in Wikipedia) so I'll just change it. Time 07:05, 12 December 2009 (EST)
- Full System Backup with rsync? If not, go ahead and change it. Time 07:14, 12 December 2009 (EST)
- Just got a chance to read the article, nice work.
- --Gen2ly 14:32, 13 December 2009 (EST)
Thanks User:Time for taking the time to rewrite this :) It looks good and it's more generic now, also thanks for keeping the link to the original forum post.
- I vote for moving this page back to its initial title (Full system backup with rsync) since it can't be merged with Rsync.
Wooptoo 13:26, 23 December 2009 (EST)
Thanks! Neat method for a sync-type backup! The only question I have is what happens if you Template:Codeline the boot sector (first 512 bytes) instead of running GRUB? --VitaminJ 22:18, 11 November 2009 (EST)
I don't know if it works with
dd, since the partitioning scheme can be different on the two harddrives.
- I vote for merging this with rsync.
- I second the vote.