Few of my thoughts
I'm thinking about editing the vdr page, I'm not sure about the guidelines of the wiki, I don't want to waste my time adding information that an experienced user will find unnecessary and will delete from the wiki, so I'm pasting here my thoughts to get approval & remarks.
- Beginners friendly approach (as I'm one), adding full steps & how to, meaning if two plugins requires the same steps then still add steps for both plugins.
- On the Contents main tree adding a Frontends tag and moving frontends info & setup setting to that location.
- On the Contents main tree adding a Plugins tag with sub-tags depends on functionality & backend/frontend relevance.
- Attempt to include most of the plugins that included in the ArchVDR team repository.
- Hi and welcome! About the guidelines, you may start by reading Help:Editing and Help:Style: for example I've edited your own post above improving the usage of wiki syntax, in particular note that you should use <br> only in very rare cases.
- Then, if you plan to make big changes to the article, please make sure to split them in several edits, each appropriately commented in the Edit "Summary" field.
- If you're in doubt about something, don't be afraid of asking ;)
- -- Kynikos (talk) 15:41, 29 September 2012 (UTC)
Why is noad removed? Did it not work? This is the last revision before it was removed by Sudokode https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=VDR&oldid=206316
Some issues that I've found
I just tried to follow the guide.
When I got to the svn part I got an error.
"svn co https://archvdr.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/archvdr archvdr" is not working on my end giving me a "Repository moved permanently" message.
Then I tried "svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/archvdr/code/trunk/ archvdr" and it worked.
Maybe it needs editing? Am too noob to make up my mind and edit the wiki.
Thanks for your time.
John3voltas (talk) 01:01, 4 November 2013 (UTC)
Hi. I just hit another issue here.
When I makepkg the start-stop-daemon I get a "Error: Failure while downloading dpkg_18.104.22.168.tar.bz2" message.
After examining http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dpkg/ I found out that dpkg_22.214.171.124.tar.bz2 isn't there (any longer?).
Shall I edit PKGBUILD to "pkgver=126.96.36.199" as well as the "md5sum=" to the current MD5 of the 188.8.131.52?
By the way, why would we use a start-stop-daemon when we have systemd?
EDIT: just tried with tried 184.108.40.206 and it errored on me "A failure occurred in build ().". After this I will need some assistance. Thanks in advance.
John3voltas (talk) 02:01, 4 November 2013 (UTC)