- Ok, if someone still feels like this page is poorly written and/or out-of-date and you want to flag it as such then go ahead and do so but please explain *why* do you feel that way so that I can actually do something about it.
--Det 16:42, 20 April 2010 (EDT)
- Since nobody removed my "is this necessary" comment from the "Kernel 2.6 and udev" section, I take it it's not needed. You can undo my change if it is.
--Det 10:27, 2 May 2010 (EDT)
- I'd suggest to add, under "install vmware workstation" section, a note stating that the command "vmware-modconfig --console --install-all" should be ran after a kernel change. My vmware crashed all the system every time i started a vm after i upgraded the kernel.
--spidernik84 20:53, 2 May 2010 (EDT)
- - Thanks for the suggestion. Though you can just do the changes yourself the next time (assuming of course that your changes are suitable) - the worst case scenario is just that someone like me modifies your changes so that they are clear and there for a reason. So don't be "afraid" of contributing "straightly" ;).
- --Det 07:41, 5 May 2010 (EDT)
- - That was my concern, you completely got the point! :D
- --spidernik84 17.45, 13 May 2010 (EDT)
- Thanks to everybody working on this page for the last month or so. It looks much cleaner now.
btw. If nobody does nothing with my "(- Still an issue with VMware 7.x.x?)" marks, in two weeks I will remove the stuff I marked as such. Two weeks. --Det 09:43, 15 May 2010 (EDT)
E: 1 Day... nah, nobody has said anything anyway... the result looks even cleaner now anyway. --Det 15:43, 28 May 2010 (EDT)
- I don't know if it is relevant to even mention a kernel in the testing repo, but the fix for Kernel 2.6.33 "Compile Modules Problem" fixes a compile problem for Kernel 2.6.34 using VMware 7.x.x. This is my very first wiki, so please excuse me if I lack any etiquette. --5arge 23:20, 14 June 2010 (EDT)
- - There's absolutely no necessarity to apologize the use of the discussion page but with VMware 7.1.0 build-261024 and the 2.6.34-2 kernel/-headers from [core] I have no such compile problems.