This page seems to be outdated. It should be reviewed by someone who is more competent with concern to via graphics card drivers than me. However, I have the following annotations:
The heading is misleading. This article is about several drivers for the via graphics card chip, the unichrome driver is one of them.Done.
As of this writing, the via unichrome driver does no longer exist in repositories (neither in extra, nor in aur).Done.
- Neither does xf86-video-via .
- The only remaining graphics cards driver for via chipsets is the openchrome driver.
- However, there exists a unichrome DRI driver in community. I didn't test this one and thus can't say, if it is usable together with xf86-video-openchrome. (If not, than one should inform the package maintainers.)
So, if anyone can substantiate at least some of these claims/annotations, then this article should be edited.
Same opinion here.
- I translated the article to Russian and deleted sections about unichrome and via prioprietary drivers. Should we delete it from English version as well?
- Unichrome-dri conflicts with openchrome driver. I couldn't set it up working, probably because my chipset K8M800 isn't supported by this driver.
-- Ashen 16:44, 8 June 2013 (UTC)