This page seems to be outdated. It should be reviewed by someone who is more competent with concern to via graphics card drivers than me. However, I have the following annotations:
- The heading is misleading. This article is about several drivers for the via graphics card chip, the unichrome driver is one of them.
- As of this writing, the via unichrome driver does no longer exist in repositories (neither in extra, nor in aur).
- Neither does xf86-video-via .
- The only remaining graphics cards driver for via chipsets is the openchrome driver.
- However, there exists a unichrome DRI driver in community. I didn't test this one and thus can't say, if it is usable together with xf86-video-openchrome. (If not, than one should inform the package maintainers.)
So, if anyone can substantiate at least some of these claims/annotations, then this article should be edited.
Same opinion here.
- I translated the article to Russian and deleted sections about unichrome and via prioprietary drivers. Should we delete it from English version as well?
- Unichrome-dri conflicts with openchrome driver. I couldn't set it up working, probably because my chipset K8M800 isn't supported by this driver.
-- Ashen 16:44, 8 June 2013 (UTC)