From Wikipedia:Telegram is a cloud-based instant messaging service. Telegram clients exist for both mobile (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Ubuntu Touch) and desktop systems (Windows, OS X, Linux). Users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers and files of any type. Telegram also provides optional end-to-end-encrypted messaging, which has been criticized by security experts because of its custom nature.
- 1 Install
- 2 Tips and tricks
You can use following methods in order to use telegram in Arch:
Using available messaging software and adding capability of connecting to telegram to them
- By using Pidgin is provided. AUR package, connection to telegram through massenger softwares based on such as
- Messaging apps that are using Telepathy such as (the default messenger for GNOME) can make use of package, which provides possibility of using and thus AUR to connect telegram.
- In the KDE desktop environment using AUR provides capability of connecting the default messenger to telegram.
Using GUI and desktop applications for Telegram
Available applications in order to use Telegram in graphical environment are divided into two categories:
- The official app from Telegram.
- Non-formal programs that are provided by others.
To install applications provided by Telegram, one can use the following packages:
- Telegram. AUR that have been compiled and is available on
- Qt libraries to be compiled. AUR that needs
- Qt libraries and Telegram's source using the system software libraries to be compiled. AUR that needs
Unofficial other programs are as follows:
- Package aseman. The package is based on Qt and has different capabilities from pure Telegram. But it's recommended to use official Telegram package in order to be able to get most latest features Telegram provides. exists in the Arch official repositories and many other Linux distributions and BSDs. This package has been created by Iranian programmers from
Telegram applications for the command line and CLI environment
- Github. AUR provides command-line interface to connect and use Telegram. For more information about the program, visit program page on
- Ncurses. It needs AUR to run. For more information about the program, visit program page on Github. AUR is a command-line interface for telegrams based on
Using the Web-based version of Telegram
- To use the web version of telegram, you can use your favorite internet browser for openning webogram page, and after you have confirmed your account, you can use telegram.
- Telegram, WhatsApp, Facebook, and more. AUR is a web-based application that can be used for web-based interface of various instant messenger software such as
- Using the telegram-desktop plug-in for Firefox browser, provide the possibility of using the web version of telegram.
Tips and tricks
- qtbase-src file to compile. This requires approximately 40 MB to download for building package. AUR and AUR packages need to download
- Use unofficial repository archlinuxcn to install packages AUR and AUR in which case there is no need to download qtbase-src file, mentioned in the previous point for making AUR. To use this repository, add following code to the end of the
pacman.conf file, and update your repositories database:
[Archlinuxcn] SigLevel = Never Server = http://repo.archlinuxcn.org/$arch
Some other related packages for telegram can also be found in this repository.