Telegram is a cloud-based instant messaging service. Telegram clients exist for both mobile (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Ubuntu Touch) and desktop systems (Windows, OS X, Linux). Users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers and files of any type. Telegram also provides optional end-to-end-encrypted messaging, which has been criticized by security experts because of its custom nature.
You can use following methods for using telegram in Arch:
Using available messaging software and adding capability of connecting to telegram to them
- Using Pidgin is provided. AUR package, connection to telegram through massenger softwares based on such as
- Messaging apps from Telepathy that are using a program such as (the default messenger for GNOME ) can make use of the package possibility of using and thus program AUR to connecting the telegram.
- In the desktop environment KDE using AUR connectivity is provided for this environment messenger.
Kinds of GUI and desktop applications for Telegram
Telegram existing applications to use graphical environment are divided into two categories:
- The official app Telegram.
- Non-formal programs that are provided by others.
To install applications provided by Telegram, one can be use the following packages:
- Telegram. AUR that have been compiled and is available on
- Qt libraries to compile. AUR that need to use
- Qt libraries and source of Telegram using the system software libraries to compile. AUR that need to use
Unofficial other programs are as follows:
- Package aseman. The package is based on Qt and has different capabilities from pure Telegram. It is recommended that for utilizing the latest features of Telegram, the official Telegram package to be used. exist in the Arch official repositories and many other Linux distributions and BSD. This package has been created by Iranian programmers
Telegram specific applications in the command line environment and cli
- Program Github visit. AUR to connect and use a command-line interface provides Telegram. For more information about the program to the program on
- Application Ncurses provides for telegrams. It plans to run AUR needs. For more information about the program to the program on Github visit. AUR is a command-line interface based on
Using the Web-based version Telegram
- To use the web version of your favorite internet browser page telegram can webogram open and use after you have confirmed your account of the telegram.
- Application Telegram , WhatsApp , Facebook , and more. AUR is a web-based application that can be used for web-based interface various instant messenger software such as
- Using the plug- telegram-desktop browser to Firefox provide the possibility of using the web version telegram.
Tips and tricks
- Packages qtbase-src . This requires approximately 40 MB to download this file to the size of the building is closed. AUR and AUR need to download files to compile
- Using unofficial repository archlinuxcn to install packages AUR and AUR in which case there is no need to download files qtbase-src mentioned in the previous point for making AUR does not have. To use this code to the end of the file repository
pacman.conf and add your tanks to the update:
[Archlinuxcn] SigLevel = Never Server = http://repo.archlinuxcn.org/$arch
Some other related packages by telegram can also be found in this repository.