This template/inter-wiki link should use the SSL version of Wikipedia instead of the regular HTTP version. For example, the inter-wiki link should use https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_Linux instead of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_Linux
- This is a problem of the back-end configuration of our wiki, probably  or , I'm not really sure... This is affecting also the simple interwiki links to Wikipedia. A bug report should be opened, but without a patch it will never be fixed :)
- We could just fix the link in this template by making it explicit (i.e. not using the interwiki syntax), but I'm going to deprecate this template instead, like it happened for Template:Gentoo.
- -- Kynikos (talk) 14:56, 3 December 2013 (UTC)
- It's not simple at all to have a template for links to Wikipedia when there are already interwiki links
- The rest of the wording is completely useless and inconsistent with all the links to any other sources (including links to other articles in this very wiki)
List of deprecated templates:
- Template:Wikipedia (Español)
- Template:Wikipedia (Italiano)
- Template:Wikipedia (Русский)
- Fix all their transclusions and backlinks (usually just by hard-coding the template text)
- Delete the templates
- Move #Update Wikipedia inter-wiki link to use the SSL version of Wikipedia somewhere else as it's an important reminder of a bug in our interwiki table
- Delete this talk page
Well, if somebody wants to defend the existence of this template, this is the time and place to speak.
- Am I still allowed to express my opinion on the matter? IMO, "hard-coding the template text" is exact opposite of the purpose of wiki format. I won't be surprised when someone unknowingly re-creates this template under different name for the same purpose. --AlexanderR (talk) 13:09, 30 December 2013 (UTC)