Tetrinet is a multiplayer version of the famous game Tetris, a game can be played with 1 to 6 players in teams or not. Linux version of Tetrinet is GTetrinet, it is available in AUR
Download the tarball of the AUR package here, then run makepkg.
You can start gtetrinet by clicking Applications => Games => GTetrinet or typing gtetrinet in a terminal.
You have to be the last player or the last team still playing. A game is end when there is only one player or one team.
Click on "Connect"
I suggest you to play on tetridome.com, there are always some good players and many people at night.
Choose Original and then write your nick.
When you have been connected to the server, you will be in the chat tab. You will see players in this room at the right of the window. If a game is started, you can spectate it in "Playing Fields" tab.
Every player has a number, yours is at the left of your nick.
- Left/right arrows let you move pieces.
- Up arrow lets you turn pieces.
- Low arrow lets you drop pieces faster.
- Space lets you drop directly pieces.
- Numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) correspond to players numbers and let you send bonuses/maluses to you or others.
- S lets you remove the special at the left of your special bar.
They are letters A, C, R, S, B, N, G, Q and O.
- You can a special by cleaning a line of blocks.
- You get them when you clean a line with a special.
- Specials are stored in a bar under your field.
- You can only send the special at the left of you special bar by typing the number of the target.
- A : Add a line from the bottom
- C : Clean a line from the bottom
- R : Clear Random blocks in a field
- S : Switch your field with another player
- B : Clear specials Blocks by replacing them to normal blocks
- N : Nuke a field of a player
- G : Gravity a player's field
- Q : Quake a players field
- O : BOmb a player, when you get is and another player gets it in his field, just bomb him, his blocks will fly.
Here are my strategys for playing Tetrinet :
- Play fast
- Don't Panic
- At the start of the game, build fast to get specials
- Look at your opponents fields
--antiG 12:21, 7 August 2008 (EDT)