Welcome to the ArchWiki: your source for Arch Linux documentation on the web.
The following links are useful for those getting started with Arch Linux.
- Arch Linux
- A brief overview of Arch Linux; describes what to expect from an Arch Linux system.
- The Arch Way
- Describes the principles and philosophy of Arch Linux.
- Arch Compared to Other Distributions
- Summarizes the similarities and differences between Arch and other distributions.
- Forum Etiquette
- Guidelines for Arch forum members.
- ArchWiki Tutorial
- A short tutorial on editing and contributing to the Arch Linux wiki.
- Beginners' Guide
- A guide through the whole process of installing and configuring Arch Linux; written for new or inexperienced users.
- Official Arch Linux Install Guide
- A more general installation guide; assuming the user is more experienced in UNIX/GNU/Linux methodology.
- A list of common and frequently asked questions.
- General Recommendations
- An annotated index of other popular articles and often-referenced information.
Toying with a new section to help people find popular pages faster.
- Package management
- Template:Package management overview
- Graphical user interface
- Template:Graphical user interface overview
- Access control
- Template:Access control overview
If looking for specific information, try using the search box to the left. Alternatively, use Google's "site" search feature by appending site:wiki.archlinux.org to search terms (e.g. search this site for "Arch Linux").
You must create an account to edit this wiki. Once done, you can play around in the Sandbox or your user page to familiarize yourself with ArchWiki markup. The available syntax is listed in the Wiki Help Category along with other helpful resources.