Mainboard: ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO, Socket-AM3 AMD 785G+SB710, DDR3, Firewire, GbLAN, m-ATX, HDMI, DVI, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16
Processor: Phenom II X3 720 Black
Power supply: Silver Power SP-400P2C 400W
CNet CWP-854 RT2561T D-Link G-520
Had a bit of trouble at first, but it seems to work now. Unfortunately I have to reconfigure it on each update :-/
For some reason, time has been my most persistent problem… When I was having network problems, and openntpd had no chance of updating time on the web, the hwclock seemed to be set to whatever it was last boot, creating lots of "last mount date in the future" errors on startup, meaning I had to e2fsck 800GB on each boot if I wasn't careful about setting the hwclock manually. Not very user-friendly. At least with a better network, openntpd has a chance to keep the time up-to-date, but I still sometimes have to do that startup disk-check. I've put the following into the root crontab:
30 * * * * /etc/rc.d/openntpd restart 45 * * * * rm -f /var/lib/hwclock/adjtime && hwclock --systohc
in case the net connection drops, openntpd gets a chance to start up again, and the hwclock gets a chance to sync. Seems related to http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16838 and http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17438
Using ALSA, works fine in everything
except for Wine, which makes sound not work in any apps until I log out of KDE and in again, sound also works fine in Wine now that I don't have snd-pcm-oss blacklisted in rc.conf :-) I selected ALSA and full hardware wossname, Spotify plays fine...
Lexmark E232. First I tried the foomatic E230 driver which was really slow on images and scans, but this PPD, however, worked great.