Jump to navigation Jump to search
I am using this page to keep track of "stuff". I'm new with Arch. My Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Gen 6) just arrived. Time to move away from MacOS once and for all (initial idea mainly because of the new Apple keyboards).
- Followed mainly https://gist.github.com/heppu/6e58b7a174803bc4c43da99642b6094b
- Took the cryptsetup from Dm-crypt/Device_encryption#Encryption_options_for_LUKS_mode
- Then tried to fix the S3 sleep with https://delta-xi.net/#056
- systemd-boot needs two initrd lines in the arch.conf
- s3 works now very well
- Energy consumption
- Measured with custom script. Basically determining idle power consumption at different screen brightnesses
- Enabled tlp.service and tlp-sleep.service => no problems with trackpoint and touchpad after waking up
- SSD: TRIM is disencouraged for NVMe SSDs by Intel says: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Solid_State_Drive/NVMe#Discards
- Making the system a bit more secure
- Disable root login
- Change default umask to 077
- Enable ntp time synchronization: timedatectl set-ntp true
- Use ZSH and oh-my-zsh
ToDo / Wishlist
- Basic data under load needed
- Tool: undervolt
- s-tui for stress testing logging and monitoring.
- Changing the thermal paste?