I have been working with GNU/Linux and other UNIX platforms for 12 years. I have a background in security systems and network infrastructure (data and telephony). I've taught courses at local community colleges on Hacking, Computer Security, Computer Forensics, Establishing VPN's, and in combating fraud. I tend to work for School Districts, Hospitals, and for other businesses with a humanitarian focus. I'm currently self-employed, and spend quite of bit of my time consulting - much of it spent working with GNU/Linux systems.
I work with a variety of distributions. Currently, I usually tell people the following:
- Gentoo or Arch for Development work
- Ubuntu for Newbies
- Debian for Servers
- And never-ever Fedora, SuSE, or Mandriva. :)
I have been a member of TACLUG since 2002, and served on the TACLUG board at one point in time.
When left to my own devices, I tend to spend my spare time talking to office plants, eating glue from supply cabinet, and attempting to exterminate the weasels who have infested my pencil drawer.
- World Domination (for GNU/Linux)
- Make new Friends who want to help in my plan(s) for World Domination
- Collect Underwear, ??, Profit!
- GNU/Linux > *OS
- Bash > zsh > tcsh
- Vim > Emacs (Nano/Pico is for babies and wussies)
- Perl > Python > Ruby > PHP (yuk!)
- GnuPG > Rot13
- Reiserfs > Ext3
- GPL > Evil Corps.
- Jabber > AOL > ICQ/MSN/Yahoo
- SIP Products > Skype
Wishlist for Christmas
- Books and more Books
- World Domination
- My Changelog on this wiki
- SigTrace - A PGP Signature Path Tracing Tool
- MailFilter - A Perl Replacement for Procmail
WebStuff & Contact
AIM: cmauch5, ICQ: 1696562, IRC: xterminus, Jabber: firstname.lastname@example.org