Hi, I'm Charles.
I have been working with GNU/Linux and other UNIX platforms for more than 13 years. I have a background in security systems and network infrastructure (data and telephony). I've taught courses at local community colleges on Hacking, Computer Security, Computer Forensics, Establishing VPN's, and in combating fraud. I tend to work for School Districts, Hospitals, and for other businesses with a humanitarian focus. I'm currently self-employed, and spend quite of bit of my time consulting; much of it spent working with GNU/Linux systems.
I work with a variety of Linux distributions. Currently, I usually tell people the following:
- Gentoo or Arch for Development work
- Ubuntu for those new to GNU/Linux and just want to get up and running.
- Debian for Servers
- And never-ever Fedora, SuSE, or Mandriva. I dont have anything against them really, except that they suck. :-P
Pages on this Wiki I doodle on
- Perl_Background_Rotation - Yes, I created these scripts.
- ArchChannel - I created this page, someday I'll make it cool.
- ArchMap - My version no longer in use, but brain0 took over and uses GoogleEarth, which makes better sense.
- Mutt - I plan a rewrite sometime (soon)
- InlineBacklinks - yes, I am responsible for this atrocity.
- Smart Titles - and this one too.
- Misc Hackery on GoogleCode - And all of these.
- World Domination (for GNU/Linux)
- Make new Friends who want to help in my plan(s) for World Domination
- Collect Underwear, ??, Profit!
- GNU/Linux > *OS
- Bash > zsh > tcsh
- Vim > Emacs (Nano/Pico is for wussies!)
- Perl > Python > Ruby > PHP (yuk!)
- GnuPG > Rot13
- Reiserfs > Ext3
- GPL > Evil Corps.
- Jabber > AOL > ICQ > MSN > Yahoo
- SIP Products > Skype
- Wiki > Blog > MySpace (but not by much)
Wishlist for Christmas
- Books and more Books
- World Domination
WebStuff & Contact
- My Changelog on this wiki
- HTTP: http://xtermin.us
- not so recent but impressive screenshot (think EYE CANDY!)
- SMTP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- JABBER: email@example.com
- AIM: cmauch5
- ICQ: 1696562
- IRC: on Freenode (try #oddmuse or #archlinux)