Hi, I'm Charles.
I have been working with GNU/Linux and other UNIX platforms for more than 13 years. I have a background in security systems and network infrastructure (data and telephony). I've taught courses at local community colleges on Hacking, Computer Security, Computer Forensics, Establishing VPN's, and in combating fraud. I tend to work for School Districts, Hospitals, and for other businesses with a humanitarian focus. I'm currently self-employed, and spend quite of bit of my time consulting; much of it spent working with GNU/Linux systems.
Pages on this Wiki that I've been known to doodle on
- PerlCPAN_Repository - I maintain this repository of over 200 perl modules.
- Perl_Background_Rotation - Yes, I created these scripts.
- ArchChannel - I created this page, someday I'll make it cool.
- ArchMap - My version no longer in use, but brain0 took over and uses GoogleEarth, which makes better sense.
- Mutt - I plan a rewrite sometime (soon)
Hot Button Issues
I ocassionally get drawn into flamewars on mailing lists or web forums for a variety of reasons. These topics have been known to get me riled up and on the warpath.
- GNU and Free Software (I am a huge advocate).
- Binary Blobs in the Linux Kernel are a bad thing, as are proprietary drivers.
- MediaWiki is the answer to all Wiki needs. (It's overkill for 99% of wiki's)
- Celebrity Worship (Linus, Stallman, blogger-of-the-month) - make up your own mind!
- Newbies should never see a terminal. (it's a culture thing)