I suggest being friendlier with other users that contribute to Wiki pages right under your nose. I sincerely apologize that I did not scroll down to the table. As far as I can see Yaourt is still maintained but shows up as unmaintained in the comparison table. Dominik
- I've lost count on how often people added the "unmaintained" flag to pacaur even though better solutions were proposed. I had to lock the page at some point and consider doing it again.
- Yaourt is not maintained by the definition used in the table since it has never addressed outstanding issues with security or corrupting builds. -- Alad (talk) 14:27, 6 March 2018 (UTC)
- I didn't expect a comment on this ~3 years later... but yes I will, thank you. -- Alad (talk) 10:42, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
Heh, yeah I just recently decided to come back and start updating that article again with some new info (my old user was User:MaBeef). I appreciate it and no hard feelings. -- Ksd (talk) 14:24, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
It is often quite useful to convert text into links, such as "pacman" into pacman, however, I am uncertain as to how frequently this should occur. I didn't see a specific mention of link frequency in on the Help:Editing#Links or in Help:Style, only the styling based on the context and location of the link. In general, is it seen as useful to convert every possible bit of text that references an existing page on the wiki into a link, or should it be done in moderation? My rule of thumb so far has been to convert the text to a link if a term has been mentioned in that section for the first time. Would it be considered "best practices" to do it more or less than I am currently? -- Aeros167 (talk) 20:16, 10 June 2019 (UTC)
- See also Help:Style/Formatting_and_punctuation#First_instances. -- Lahwaacz (talk) 21:09, 10 June 2019 (UTC)
- Oh I see, this rule clears it up "If the name is already introduced by the title of the article or by a section heading, its first relevant appearance in the body can only be used as a link anchor...". For clarification, could Help:Style/Formatting_and_punctuation#First_instances be linked to in the Help:Editing#Links section? I've noticed that a few rule sections link to other related rules to make it a bit easier to find them, the Help pages are quite extensive. -- Aeros167 (talk) 22:21, 10 June 2019 (UTC)