Hi, about https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=PhpVirtualBox&diff=next&oldid=180133 I'd be pleased to review it as you've requested in the edit summary, but I'd like to give you two advices for your future edits:
- Writing in the summary that you "improved" the article is useless, since nobody (except for spammers) edits articles to make them worse :) You should instead try to answer two imaginary questions: "what have you done?" and "why have you done that?"
- It's very hard to review big bulk edits, you should try to split them in multiple edits following the logical steps you need to accomplish the final result.
Now, if you could answer here those two imaginary questions for the edit I've linked you'd save quite a bit of my time :)
-- Kynikos 08:03, 25 January 2012 (EST)
- Oh, sorry for inconvenience. By "review" I actually meant "check for huge grammatical/logical" mistakes. In short words, I rewritten article almost from scratch, using copy-paste of some good sentences from last revision (which was badly written) and previous one (which was just outdated). --AlexanderR 09:09, 25 January 2012 (EST)
- Kk, thanks. -- Kynikos 07:46, 26 January 2012 (EST)
Would that be British or American English punctuation? ;)
http://www.englishclub.com/writing/punctuation.htm is designed for people learning English as a second language. Note: their section on the comma , would be corrected by some, including me, to I speak English, French, and Thai. The comma after French is called the Oxford comma. Its use is debated.
The Wikipedia article has a section comparing European (you perhaps?) to American and British practices. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation#Conventional_styles_of_English_punctuation MichaelRpdx 08:41, 26 January 2012 (EST)
Working with templates
Please be very careful when working with templates: you moved Template:否 to Template:Template:No (简体中文), then realized the title was wrong and moved Template:Template:No (简体中文) to Template:No (简体中文). After that (mistake #1!) you deleted the redirect code from Template:Template:No (简体中文) thus breaking the instances of Template:否 that were still being used. After doing every modification to templates, even if trivial, you must always check that everything is working properly (mistake #2!). I'm not scolding you, you know me, we talk a lot in other discussion pages, but leaving mistakes in templates unfixed is a very bad thing, since the mistake is repeated in every page where the template is used. -- Kynikos 07:43, 2 February 2012 (EST)
- Thank you for fixing this. I will use extra care to prevent such shameful mistakes in future. --AlexanderR 22:24, 2 February 2012 (EST)
Amateur radio edit
Hi AlexanderR, I noticed that at the end of this edit there is an unexplained addition to the article (see: Line 62). It looks like you didn't finish formatting the text you wanted to add. ~ Filam 23:01, 4 February 2012 (EST)
- Fixed --AlexanderR 02:37, 5 February 2012 (EST)