Changes to the Beginners' Guide
The reasons are:
- you should avoid bulky edits, see Help:Style#Edit summary
- you should explain the reason for all your major edits in the edit summary, in this case also linking to the discussion, see Help:Style#Edit summary
- we never agreed on removing "Kernel modules" and "Daemons"
Please redo the merge, but in multiple edits, one for each logical step, and leave the "Kernel modules" and "Daemons" sections. Then also remember to redirect Beginners' Guide/Post-Installation to Beginners' Guide/Installation and check all the backlinks to Beginners' Guide/Post-Installation to see if some of them have to be adapted to refer to Beginners' Guide/Installation.
- No, you do the merger this time. Because this has pissed me off way too much and I'm afraid of what I might say. All of the above claims are bullshit, and I don't want to get into an argument and dissect each one. I really don't. I spent two hours thinking it over and then you came along and crapped all over it. Yeah. Let's just leave it at that. You do the merger, your way. --DSpider (talk) 21:30, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
- Hmmm, you're right. Edited the Beginners' Guide to reflect this, as well. --DSpider (talk) 21:55, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
Beginners' Guide /home
I agree with you that a separate /home partition is not necessary. So I think we should either completely remove it from the example OR give a reasonable explanation why we are making a separate partition. What do you think?
-- Lonaowna (talk) 10:39, 21 October 2012 (UTC)