Hi. Thank you for the effort of revising the Privoxy article. English is not my is not my fist language so I am usually a bit off. There are a few articles I'd like to create (in the near future), feel free to edit them if necessary. I don't mind, in fact I appreciate it. Hope to run into each other again. Take care. -- Hasardeur 19:23, 10 October 2011
The new style guide
This edit you made violates the recent updates to Help:Style, and I have reverted it. Note: I wasn't able to revert it due to intermediate edits, so I just updated the section. -- Jstjohn 16:48, 2 December 2011 (EST)
- I also noticed that you were recently adding Template:Filename to articles, and Template:Filename along with some other templates were deprecated in favor of the new ones. I included the templates from your user page that have been deprecated below:
- Filename -> ic
- Codeline -> ic
- File -> hc
- Command -> hc
- Additionally, your use of Template:Keypress as used on your user page does not comply with Help:Style.
- Unrelated: I really like the format/layout of your user page, so I think I'm going to borrow it for mine as well! -- Jstjohn 17:02, 2 December 2011 (EST)
- Thanks for the pointers, I really need to take some time to read the guides. And I'm glad you found my user page format helpful! ~ Filam 16:01, 3 December 2011 (EST)
- I'm glad you found it helpful! ~ Filam (talk) 02:11, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
Edits on Securely wipe disk
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I moved "Example run times" to an own article (Benchmarking disk wipes) that is linked to in the Securely_wipe_disk#Performance section and also under Benchmarking with dd. I tought it just consumed too much space (maybe not the table itself but at least the instructions to calculate around output of different dd-spinnoffs) and there is other content alike (e.g. on the Frandom page) that maybe can also get moved there.
And, well, the other topic, why to write so much about encryption in this article? You are true. I started editing the disk-wiping article for moving all related content from Dm-crypt_with_LUKS#Secure_Erasure_of_the_Hard_Disk_Drive as sbd. else proposed it there. Also I thought all the duplicate content just saying "wipe with /dev/zero and run luksFormat afterwards" might be worse than having one article covering up all use-cases and making clear what has to be done for what kind of security. In fact I hoped to be able to do it all in much less time, but sadly my ISP cut me off for a few days until yesterday evening. So now I will move on and will try to improve things. If you have any idea on how to do it better please let me know.
By the way: Why didn't you want to discuss this on the Discussion page of Securely wipe disk? And if I want to answer you should I do it on my own or on your UserPage?