Hi, thanks for your contribution to Suspend_and_Hibernate#Delayed_hibernation. Please have a look at (1) the merge tag I have added.
Additinally, I have the following suggestions: (2) I think naming it "hybrid-sleep" or "Suspend to both" (see this in the article intro at Suspend_and_Hibernate) would be better. (3) The standard systemd method of using the
hybrid-sleep should be mentioned. For this it might be helpful to provide some pros/cons of using the standard and your custom service, (4) I think a short warning should be added for users of laptops with harddisks (you dont want to carry your laptop when it suddenly wakes up to go to hybrid).
What do you think? --Indigo (talk) 18:41, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks! Regarding your suggestions:
- (1) Yes, I'll move it to the other page, thanks.
- (2) I disagree, since "hybrid-sleep" or "suspend to both" is different than this delayed hibernation. The difference with the delayed hibernation is that it performs a "plain" suspend (so it's faster than hybrid-sleep), then later wakes up and performs a "plain" hibernation.
- (3) Explaining the pros/cons of these two approaches is a good idea since they similar but have important differences.
- (4) Good idea to warn, I'll add that in.
- Richli (talk) 19:02, 23 July 2014 (UTC)