Vertex VW110L - Ufon
Revision as of 17:04, 9 June 2010 by Ch-in-A
Getting modem device
- Install usb_modeswitch and usbutils package.
- Comment or remove line from /lib/udev/rules.d/61-option-modem-modeswitch.rules where idVendor is 05c6 and idProduct is 1000 (keep eye on it after udev update)
- reload udev rules - udevadm control --reload-rules and udevadm trigger
- Plug Vertex modem in and wait for few second until LED on the top of modem change color to blue
Now you should be able to access /dev/ttyACM0 device.
Try screen or minicom to send AT commands to your modem.
Useful AT Commands
- AT+CSQ - signal strength (first number) - http://www.gprsmodems.co.uk/images/csq1.pdf
- ATI - modem info
pppd settings coming soon...