The Maintenance Team is ArchWiki's official group of users whose goal is supervising and fixing the edits that are made every day to the articles in the wiki.
Who, when and how to contact
All members of the Maintenance Team provide ways to contact them personally if you desire so. Nevertheless, prefer using the following methods instead.
- For page-specific comments, use its talk page which can be accessed from the discussion tab above each page.
- For generic requests regarding wiki content, use ArchWiki talk:Requests.
- To discuss style conventions used on the wiki pages, use Help talk:Style.
- To discuss wiki content organization, or if you require assistance from the Maintenance Team, use ArchWiki talk:Maintenance Team.
- For privacy requests (e.g. removal of inadvertently published personal information, wiki account deletion, etc.), send an email from the wiki interface using Special:EmailUser/Privacy-requests (to allow making reasonable assumptions about the link between the username and email address). Requests not sent via the wiki interface must be from an email address associated with a wiki account.
- For other matters (not related to privacy) that cannot be discussed publicly, contact the ArchWiki Administrators by sending an email from wiki interface using Special:EmailUser/WikiSysop (to allow making reasonable assumptions about the link between the username and email address).
- Casual, non-binding discussions with wiki contributors (which may include members of the Maintenance Team) can also be held in the #archlinux-wiki IRC channel.
Active members of the Maintenance Team are listed in the following table. Maintainers are periodically and automatically sorted in descending order by their number of edits in the previous 30 days.
|Erus_Iluvatar (talk)||Vladimir LAVALLADE||See User:Erus Iluvatar#Contact|
|Lahwaacz (talk)||Jakub Klinkovský||administrator, bureaucrat||⟨username⟩ ⟨cat⟩ archlinux ⟨dog⟩ org|
|nl6720 (talk)||administrator, bureaucrat||Send Email|
|NetSysFire (talk)||See user page|
|Alad (talk)||administrator, bureaucrat||Send Message|
|Kynikos (talk)||Dario Giovannetti||administrator, bureaucrat||dario gio ai l.com|
|Fengchao (talk)||administrator||Send Email|
The following maintainers are currently inactive (less than 10 edits in the last 30 days):
|Flyingpig (talk)||Send Email|
|Kewl (talk)||Send Email|
|Neitsab (talk)||Send Email|
|Francoism (talk)||François Menning||Send Email|
|Svito (talk)||Send Email|
|Lonaowna (talk)||administrator||Send Email|
|jasonwryan (talk)||administrator firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Silverhammermba (talk)||Send Email|
|Misfit138 (talk)||administrator email@example.com|
|Edh (talk)||Gordian Edenhoferfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pypi (talk)||Send Email|
|jstjohn (talk)||Send Email|
|Rdeckard (talk)||Send Email|
|Larivact (talk)||Send Email|
|Chazza (talk)||Send Email|
|Det (talk)||Send Email|
|Kycok (talk)||Send Email|
|Skydiver (talk)||Send Email|
|Flu (talk)||Send Email|
|Emiralle (talk)||Send Email|
|Filam (talk)||Send Email|
|AlexanderR (talk)||alexanx.com der.r@gm|
|pointone (talk)||administrator email@example.com|
How to join
Official maintainers are usually chosen by the administrators among the most active and collaborative users of the wiki, and personally invited to participate in the team. You can also explicitly present yourself as a candidate by contacting one of the administrators.
Common requisites for becoming a maintainer are:
- Familiarity with community and wiki guidelines; will to collaborate and discuss with the other team members.
- Some free time and the commitment to contribute regularly enough.
- Patience, accuracy and tidiness.
- Experience in wiki editing and good knowledge of wiki syntax.
- Good knowledge of the structure of the ArchWiki and its style rules.
- Sufficient knowledge of Arch Linux and the subjects treated in the articles, or willingness to do some research or discuss with the edits' authors when fixing content-related issues.
If you are interested in joining the team, you can start making yourself visible to the community by helping with the common tasks, in particular help out with patrolling and contributing to the discussions that take place in the various talk pages.
New members get announced in the ArchWiki:News.
Once elected, members should add their username to the table above and also add a special tag in their user page: