Category talk:ARM architecture
I think it's time to stop allowing ARM related content in the wiki. The ARM architecture is not supported by Arch Linux, so they do not belong here.
ALARM has their own wiki which has now existed for more than 5 years, so the excuse that it's just starting out does not work anymore. Even if these devices are not supported by ALARM, it should not be our problem, since they're also not supported by Arch Linux.
I propose redirecting all pages in Category:ARM architecture and Category:ARM architecture itself to archlinux-service-agreements:code-of-conduct#arch-linux-distribution-support-only. Or alternatively, they could be moved to user pages of the users who created them.
- I support this. My only argument against is that it would be lost documentation, which is in the wrong place anyways, but this is easily solved by moving them to user pages instead.
- -- NetSysFire (talk) 09:18, 6 April 2021 (UTC)
- Agreed, let's just get rid of it. There's been more than sufficient time to merge relevant information to the ALARM wiki. -- Alad (talk) 10:16, 5 October 2021 (UTC)
- Flagged all the pages. Now we should decide what to do with the (content in the) category page itself. -- Alad (talk) 10:21, 5 October 2021 (UTC)
- I must say I found invaluable information on these pages to run Arch on my ARMv7 server. I would gladly host NanoPi_M1 on my user page if nobody claims it. I guess a page on the ALARM wiki would still be the best solution, but I'm afraid they won't host them - their wiki claims to only have pages for supported hardware, and the NanoPi_M1 isn't among those. la Fleur (talk) 19:28, 5 October 2021 (UTC)
- Guess I'll just move it without leaving a redirect then, and add a redirect to archlinux-service-agreements:code-of-conduct#arch-linux-distribution-support-only after that... -- Alad (talk) 09:31, 7 October 2021 (UTC)
- If we see an archlinuxarm-related tip do we remove it? E.g. in Kodi#S.v.p... there is
Arch ARM packages are built with GLES which lacks the support. PXf (talk) 18:18, 4 December 2021 (UTC)