HP Pavilion DV7-4263cl
Arch Linux is currently running successfully on this laptop. This page is a major work in progress.
- Ethernet: r8169
- Wireless: ath9k
- Audio: unknown
- Video: ati or fglrx
Open source ATI drivers ()
- The PC seems to run much hotter with these drivers.
- These work fine and provide hardware acceleration for GNOME 3 but not enough for OpenGL games like Minecraft.
- Suspend and hibernate do not work with these drivers installed.
Closed source ATI drivers (catalyst in AUR)
- The OpenGL performance is much improved of the OSS drivers however there are problems with GNOME 3. This is an upstream problem and not specific to Arch.
The closed source drivers average about 158F while idle and the open source average about 134F.
Need to confirm HDMI and VGA output works.
The Atheros card is this laptop has open source drivers so nothing special is needed.
The basic sound works out of the box but the subwoofer does not. To enabled the subwoofer add the following to
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf (create it if it is not there) and reboot.
options snd-hda-intel model=hp-dv7-4000
The touchpad is known as a clickpad. Usage of clickpads are significantly different from touchpads. Here is what I have found so far:
- right click - two finger tap
- click and drag - hold Alt key and triple-tap
- scroll - two finger drag
- double tap in upper left corner to disable - does not work