HP Pavilion zd7140
Another work in Progress - by PhrakTure I am currently running Arch on this laptop, 98% problem free... and no I have not yet configured the media card reader, as I have no use for it. If anyone really has a problem, let me know (PM from forums).
- Ethernet: 8139too
- Wireless: ndiswrapper using BCMWL5A pkg[dead link 2020-03-29 ⓘ] PKGBUILD[dead link 2020-03-29 ⓘ]
- Audio: snd-intel-8x0 / snd-pcm-oss
- Video: nvidia 
- Composite: works, but gets goofy with flash animations in Firefox
- Video mode detected wrong
- Add the following to the device (nvidia driver) section in xorg.conf
Option "IgnoreEDID" "True"
- And the following line to the "Monitor" section
Modeline "1440x900" 106.47 1440 1520 1672 1904 900 901 904 932 -hsync +vsync
The following Display Subsection (in the Screen Section) will allow you to use the display's native viewing mode.
Subsection "Display" Depth 24 Modes "1440x900" Virtual 1440 900 EndSubsection
- This report is listed at the TuxMobil: Linux Laptop and Notebook Installation Guides Survey: Hewlett-Packard - HP[dead link 2020-03-29 ⓘ].