HP Spectre x360 15-ch025nd
This model was released in February 2016.
- Intel Core i7-8705G with Intel HD Graphics 630 (3.1 GHz, up to 4.1 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- 15.6" 4K (3840x2160) Ultra HD IPS WLED multitouch display
- 16 GB LPDDR3-1866 SDRAM
- 2 TB M.2 SDD
- 2 USB Type C Thunderbolt port, 1 USB 3.0 Type A ports, 1 HDMI port, 1 headphone/microphone jack
- 1 SD media card reader
- 802.11ac (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.0
- Bang & Olufsen quad speakers
- 6-cell, 64.5 Wh Li-ion battery
- Backlit keyboard
Installing Arch was mostly without hiccup, you do need to disable Secure Boot (
F10 for UEFI options;
F9 for boot options). Dual boot was not tested. The laptop does not have a CD drive, so you have to use a USB stick. The UEFI also would not startup from the USB stick, but you can browse the USB, and choose the
loader.efi to startup from.
Only the front speakers work out of the box.
The accelerometer is not found by any userspace programs,gives the following output:
** (process:12472): DEBUG: 11:45:31.305: Could not find any supported sensors
The accelerometer is connected to a new Intel Integrated Sensor Hub which is not supported by the kernel yet, but can be manually bound to the
$ lspci -nn | grep 8086:a135 00:13.0 Non-VGA unclassified device : Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Integrated Sensor Hub [8086:a135] (rev 31) # modprobe intel-ish-ipc # echo "8086 a135" > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/intel_ish_ipc/new_id $ monitor-sensor Waiting for iio-sensor-proxy to appear +++ iio-sensor-proxy appeared === Has accelerometer (orientation: undefined) === No ambient light sensor Accelerometer orientation changed: normal