Filesystem in Userspace (FUSE) is a mechanism for Unix-like operating systems that lets non-privileged users create their own file systems without editing kernel code. This is achieved by running file system code in user space, while the FUSE kernel module provides only a "bridge" to the actual kernel interfaces.
FUSE filesystems can be unmounted with:
$ fusermount -u mountpoint
List of FUSE filesystems
- adbfs — Mount an Android device connected via USB.
- apfs-fuse — FUSE driver for APFS (Apple File System).
- astreamfs — A(synchronous) Stream(ing) (fuse) F(ile)S(ystem).
- CloudFusion — Linux file system (FUSE) to access Dropbox, Sugarsync, Amazon S3, Google Drive or WebDAV servers.
- CurlFtpFS — Filesystem for accessing FTP hosts based on FUSE and libcurl.
- davfs2 — File system driver that allows you to mount a WebDAV folder.
- EncFS — Userspace stackable cryptographic file-system.
- fuseiso — Mount an ISO as a regular user.
- GDriveFS — Innovative FUSE wrapper for Google Drive.
- gitfs — gitfs is a FUSE file system that fully integrates with git.
- gocryptfs — gocryptfs is a userspace stackable cryptographic file-system.
- google-drive-ocamlfuse — FUSE-based file system backed by Google Drive, written in OCaml.
- gphotofs — FUSE module to mount camera as a filesystem.
- HubicFuse — FUSE filesystem to access HubiC cloud storage.
- iFuse — A fuse filesystem to access the contents of an iPhone or iPod Touch.
- MegaFuse — MEGA client for Linux, based on FUSE.
- s3fs — FUSE-based file system backed by Amazon S3.
- splitviewfuse — A view on a directory that splits/merges files into segments.
- SSHFS — FUSE-based filesystem client for mounting directories over SSH.
- TMSU — A command-line tool for tagging your files and accessing them through a virtual filesystem.
- https://tmsu.org/ || AUR
- vdfuse — Mounting VirtualBox disk images (VDI/VMDK/VHD).
- vramfs — VRAM based file system.
- wimmount — Mount Windows Imaging Format (WIM) images.
- xbfuse — Mount an Xbox (360) ISO.
- xmlfs — Represent an XML file as a directory structure for easy access.