From ArchWiki

After install of Ampache and php packages I was unable to display any art cover for albums.
I have a folder.jpg file in each of my songs folder so I didn't understand what was wrong.
In the ampache log file I saw a lot of (art.class) -> Not inserting image for album ...., invalid data passed error messages.
After a lot of searches and headlocks I decided to debug the server and found that the imagecreatefromstring function was not available (check in the test_image method of the art class).
So the trick is : if you want to have cover arts processed, you MUST also install the php-gd package and uncomment the relative module entry in the php.ini file.
Alinus2020 (talk) 13:24, 29 April 2020 (UTC)