New paths to config files?
I get the impression that the paths to many of the config files have changed? I am installing the bin suite. However since I don't fully understand and have not succeeded myself I don't want to edit directly.
E.g. I think /etc/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.conf -> /etc/jitsi/videobridge/config, /opt/jitsi-videobridge/ -> /usr/share/jitsi-videobridge, /etc/jicofo/jicofo.conf -> /etc/jitsi/jicofo/config -- Eothred (talk) 15:47, 19 April 2020
- Paths have not changed, please read the Jitsi-meet#Installation section. But yeah, the configuration part of the article is not complete at this moment. -- SlavMetal (talk) 14:15, 19 April 2020 (UTC)
- I maintain the packages for stable bin, nightly and nightly-bin. All of them works the same way, with more an Arch way to organize the file (/etc/jicofo, /etc/jitsi-videobridge, /etc/webapps/jitsi-meet, and docs in /usr/share/doc/jitsi-meet-*). The only remaining one was the stable one (not the bin one). I'm now the maintainer of this one too, and I would like to align this package so we can have 1 docs that works for the stable package. The nightly have new stuff and different path (-nightly), so probably just add a note for that too. I made a complete accurate blog post for the stable bin here: https://blog.celogeek.com/posts/linux/archlinux/2020-06-jitsi-meet-on-arch-linux/ and here for the nightly: https://blog.celogeek.com/posts/linux/archlinux/2021-02-jitsi-meet-nighly-on-arch-linux/. Can I update the path of the stable packages and also update the wiki with every information I have in my blog to properly set jitsi on arch (and add it as a source if possible)? Celogeek (talk) 23:12, 7 April 2021 (UTC)
Rewrite guide to match new version of jitsi-meet (stable, stable-bin, nightly, nightly-bin, git)
I realign all jitsi-meet packages to match Arch paths, and in order to have only 1 wiki that can applied to all of them.
The configs is placed under /etc:
- /etc/jicofo - /etc/jicofo-nightly - /etc/jicofo-git - /etc/jitsi-videobridge - /etc/jitsi-videobridge-nightly - /etc/jitsi-videobridge-git
The webapps config are placed under /etc/webapps:
- /etc/webapps/jitsi-meet - /etc/webapps/jitsi-meet-nightly - /etc/webapps/jitsi-meet-git
The websites are placed under /usr/share/webapps:
- /usr/share/webapps/jitsi-meet - /usr/share/webapps/jitsi-meet-nightly - /usr/share/webapps/jitsi-meet-git
I made already a complete and accurate guide for Arch for the package I maintained: stable-bin, nightly and nightly-bin Now I maintain them all, so I will update the wiki with all this information here.