Suggestions for things other people could add to this article
- collection of working wvdial.conf files, with USB device IDs and mobile network names
- other connection methods (netcfg, network manager?)
- methods for keeping an idle connection alive
- connection Tx/Rx speed checking and optimization
- udev rules for switching modes on modem insertion
--Aedit 10:54, 27 November 2009 (EST)
What page says about using the DHCP server to obtain an IP address after connecting with mmcli was did not apply to me. In my case, the IP address is given in some parameters of 4G connection. I could retrieve it by running
mmcli -b 0 and then set it statically on my network interface. I found this solution in Modem Manager mailing list. (If someone is interested, there's a complete script that I use to connect without Network Manager.)
- --Gnull 21 Jun 2021 19:55:57 +0600
I think that whole section about sending/receiving sms messages deserve separate article. What do you think? I am willing to do it.
- ~~kam021m (talk) 08:42, 7 January 2023 (UTC)
- Do you have more information about sms. Current text is not too long from my point of view. A seperate page make the page smaller, but readers will need another page jump.--Fengchao (talk) 13:25, 9 January 2023 (UTC)
FCC unlock Fibocom l860-gl Lenovo
I am currently talking to Lenovo staff for an alternative to the lenovo-wwan-dpr snap package to unlock the wwan modem. The solution should be a script that is not only intended for Ubuntu. My question is who could test the Fibocom l860-gl a iosm driver based internal pcie card modem? I am mainly looking for advice how it should be done. For example the unlock script should do this and that and it should be placed in /etc/modemmanager/hooks So if you can help please contribute.