If experiencing problems with fonts rendering properly inside snap packages, there is a known bug. The workaround:
- Install the old version of Arch Linux Archive (as of this writing: 2.13.1+12+g5f5ec56-1). Version needs to be older than 2.13.91. from the
- Clean out the existing font cache:
$ rm ~/.cache/fontconfig/*
$ sudo rm /var/cache/fontconfig/*
- Prevent upgrading
by mistake ... until Snap's installed version catches up.
- Uncomment the
IgnorePkgline and add
Snap support in Gnome Software 3.38
In Gnome Software Center 3.38 I get a "Failed to install file: not supported". It looks like this was disabled last year: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/thread/O4CMUKPHMMJ5W7OPZN2E7BYTVZWCRQHU/
Searches in pacman for plugins only point out a packagekit plugin, the AUR is the same. I see a plugin package over at Debian Buster https://packages.debian.org/buster/gnome-software-plugin-snap so I think it does exist.
Should this section be struck from the page?
- git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/snap.git
- cd snap
- makepkg -i
- "Cloning into bare repository '/home/dev/snap/snap'...
- Username for 'https://github.com':.... << PROVIDED MY USER AND PASS FOR GITHUB >>
- Password for 'https://github.com':....
- remote: Repository not found
- fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://github.com/rumpelsepp/snap.git'
- ==> ERROR: Failure while downloading snap git repo
After this I've checked the URL: https://github.com/rumpelsepp/ - no trace of a repository named "snap" or "snap.git". It seems the link is broken in PKGBUILD, line 13