Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 (9365)
The Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 (9365) is the early 2017 model. It can be used like a tablet when folding the display on the back. The touchscreen works out of the box.
Bios can be accessed with F2 or F12 on DELL logo boot screen.
With Bios version 1.1.0 or 1.3.1 to 2.1.2 you have to set sata operation to AHCI first and then uncheck in Advanced Boot options -> Legacy ROM.
- In RAID mode the BIOS/UEFI is able to see the internal drive and is able to boot from it. It is possible to boot Archiso in RAID mode, but it can't see the internal drive.
- In AHCI mode the BIOS/UEFI with Legacy ROM activated is not able to see the internal drive. If you try to boot it will fail and display an error that no harddrive is installed.
- In AHCI mode the BIOS/UEFI with Legacy ROM deactivated is able to see the internal drive and therefore boot from it and Archiso is able to see the drive too. With these settings you can install and boot arch.
It is also needed to set the following settings  :
- UEFI network stack - disabled
- Secure Boot - disabled
- SATA operations - AHCI
- Legacy ROM - disabled
- POST Behaviour : Fastboot - minimal (if not, BIOS is really slow, and cannot boot to any mediums)
- Some changes in BIOS might reset other settings. Check your BIOS settings twice.
- Those settings are working as of 2018/11/28
This model only supports the S0 (s2idle) sleep mode.  Change the suspend mode to
s2idle by adding the
mem_sleep_default=s2idle to the kernel parameters. Note: As of 2018/11/18, this does not seem required anymore: the kernel automatically sets it correctly.
The system might wake up a few seconds after going to sleep due to ACPI EC.  Also, the computer might not wake up automatically when pressing a key. To prevent all these issues, you need to adjust some parameters on sysfs:
# Syntax: Type Path Mode UID GID Age Argument # man tmpfiles.d for more details # Kernel bug: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=192591 # Use s2idle (not deep) for suspend. w /sys/power/mem_sleep - - - - s2idle # Enable key press to wakeup w /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/power/wakeup - - - - enabled # Make sure we don't wake up the computer while sleeping w /sys/module/acpi/parameters/ec_no_wakeup - - - - Y
The two first parameters should be correct by default, so you might want not to set them. As of 2018/11/18, the third parameter (
/sys/module/acpi/parameters/ec_no_wakeup) is required or the computer wakes up after a few seconds in suspend mode.
Screen not rotating
You need to installfor automatic screen rotation to work.
Soundcard turning off and coil whine
By default, the soundcard automatically turns of which leads to delays when there is a song to play (or distortion). This can also cause coil whine especially while scrolling with headphones plugged and sound muted. To solve this, you can force the soundcard to always stay awake :
options snd_hda_intel power_save=0