GStreamer is a pipeline-based multimedia framework written in the C programming language with the type system based on GObject.
GStreamer allows a programmer to create a variety of media-handling components, including simple audio playback, audio and video playback, recording, streaming and editing. The pipeline design serves as a base to create many types of multimedia applications such as video editors, streaming media broadcasters, and media players.
Designed to be cross-platform, it is known to work on Linux (x86, PowerPC and ARM), Solaris (Intel and SPARC), macOS, Microsoft Windows and OS/400. GStreamer has bindings for programming-languages like Python, C++, Perl, GNU Guile ( ), and Ruby. GStreamer is free software, licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Install the package.
To make GStreamer useful, install the plugins packages you require.
- - Libav-based plugin containing many decoders and encoders.
- - Plugins that need more quality, testing or documentation.
- - Essential exemplary set of elements.
- - Good-quality plugins under LGPL license.
- - Good-quality plugins that might pose distribution problems.
- AUR - AUR plugin (an open h.265 video codec implementation) for gstreamer.
PulseAudio support is provided by the package.
To configure GStreamer, for example to change the audio output device, use gstreamer-properties from package
$HOME/.gconf/system/gstreamer and the global files are in
KDE / Phonon integration
- for VA-API support.
- for VDPAU support.