Install the package.
The command to run the program is the following:
- List the content of an archive:
$ 7z l <archive name>
- Extract all files from an archive to the current directory without using directory names:
$ 7z e <archive name>
- Extract with full paths:
$ 7z x <archive name>
- Extract into a new directory:
$ 7z x -o<folder name> <archive name>
Differences between 7z, 7za and 7zr binaries
The package includes three binaries,
/usr/bin/7zr. Their manual pages explain the differences:
- uses plugins to handle archives.
- is a stand-alone executable that handles fewer archive formats than 7z.
- is a stand-alone executable. It is a "light-version" of 7za that only handles 7z archives. In contrast to 7za, it cannot handle encrypted archives.