Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Remove the ca section and Certificate authority because running a CA is a highly advanced topic for which one should consult the official documentation.
- Move GOST engine support to a new Tips and tricks section.
- Create a Certificate section below Generating keys.
- Remove the SSL introduction because Wikipedia does a better job at explaining and the definitions are at least partially wrong.
- Merge the req section with Creating certificate signing requests and explain how to provide a temporary config file with
- [DONE] Mention Let's Encrypt and link List of applications/Internet#ACME clients.
- [DONE] Create a
TLS certificate redirect to OpenSSL#Certificate Template:TLS noteServer-side TLS article.
- Make web server and mail server articles link
TLS certificate transclude Template:TLS note instead of duplicating itOpenSSL#Certificates and Server-side TLS.
What do you guys think?
- Since nobody responded in a week, I went ahead and made some changes. In particular I removed the sections containing only config snippets and created Template:TLS note. --Larivact (talk) 07:32, 6 July 2018 (UTC)
- The changes since this summer have been very substantial, not saying the previous information was necessarily relevant but to make sure this has been discussed and this is not purely the view of one person would give me more comfort, could you confirm? --- Kewl (talk) 14:47, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, I know I am late to this. I have been trying to figure what in 3.1 replaced the  acronym explanations. The remove mentions wikipedia as replacement, but leaves no links (instead removes some too). Which link(s) were referred to? Transport Layer Security#Obtaining a certificate? --Indigo (talk) 11:21, 1 December 2018 (UTC)