Hi, I don't understand what you did in , the edit doesn't comply with ArchWiki:Contributing#The 3 fundamental rules, it should have been performed in multiple small edits, I wish you could clarify please. -- Kynikos (talk) 15:48, 16 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Kynikos, thanks for messaging about this. It's my first time using User talk, so I hope I'm doing it correctly.
- The change you mentioned is just a shuffle of the table-of-contents structure. None of the content changed. All content stayed with its immediate section header. I only moved the sections to improve the flow / grouping of operations.
- This was my attempt for multiple small edits (this was 1 of 3 changes). Can you suggest a way to break this 1 change into smaller pieces? I feel the diff tool struggles sometimes to show section moves clearly. For example, search for "Remove partition from a volume group" in the diff you linked. I moved the section and text. But when the diff tool compares, it shows the header was renamed to "Removing a logical volume". I think it happens because a different section moves up (to fill the space made by the original section), and because the section names are similar. But the result is a confusing diff.
- Anyway, I hope that helps clarify the change. I look forward to your input about making the changes easier to understand so my edits are better in the future.
- Thesqueakychair (talk) 02:12, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
- In order to understand, and since LVM is too much of an important article, I've chosen to revert and re-apply your changes, but saving after each section is moved: as you can see in the history of the page, the various diffs are much easier to understand, that is what "Reordering several sections of an article at the same time. Solution: move only one section per edit" in ArchWiki:Contributing#Do not make complex edits at once means. In general, diffs don't have a way to represent multiple content moves at once, so please stick to 1 move per edit, and absolutely without content change, see also Help:Procedures#Move a section within the same page.
- For those interested, a better global description of your changes (which may have been worth an announcement in the talk page) would have been "I grouped the various subsections of LVM#Volume operations under 3 main LVM#Physical volumes, LVM#Volume groups and LVM#Logical volumes subsections".
- After reviewing it, I agree with the change by the way, it is a tidier structure, the problem was only the way in which it was implemented.
- -- Kynikos (talk) 16:10, 18 October 2019 (UTC)