Hello- It seems something is wrong with the info on your key page. When trying to sync with pacman i get
catalyst.sig 10.4 KiB 5.07M/s 00:00 [####################################################] 100%
error: GPGME error: No data
error: failed to update catalyst (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database 'catalyst' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
This is after running the commands as indicated on your user page.
- It's because something bad is going on with catalyst.wirephire.com , all I can do is to wait for Apocalypsus' answer on my e-mail about this.
- For now feel free to use mirrors:
- rtsinformatique, France: http://mirror.rts-informatique.fr/archlinux-catalyst/repo/
- yanom, USA: http://184.108.40.206/catalyst-mirror/repo/
- You will find all needed repos there. Just don't forget to perform
- pacman -Syy
- after changing URLs in pacman.conf
GPG key server problem
The pgp.mit.edu key server is unresponsive. If there an alternative keyserver or means to register your key with pacman?
- check out will it work without specifying server (works here):
- pacman-key --recv-keys 0xabed422d653c3094
- --Vi0L0 (talk) 09:41, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
That is not working now, either. I still get a message that there is no dirmgr and the remote key is not fetched from the keyserver.
What's going on with this? "catalyst-total: requires xorg-server<1.17.0"
BTW love how you keep Catalyst up to date with all the latest Patches. Every distro should have someone like you doing this work. So far the only 2 distro's I have found with patched drivers available are Arch and Opensuse. It's a good thing those are also my favorite distributions ^^
It seems the problem is resolved. Thank you if it was you ^^
- not me, catalyst 14.12 doesnt support xserver 1.17 so the dependency was and is fine
- new catalyst-test 15.3 does support xserver 1.17, but it's buggy
- --Vi0L0 (talk) 21:54, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
error: catalyst-hook: signature from "Vi0L0 <firstname.lastname@example.org>" is invalid
Hi there Vi0l0.
did you change your key change without you making that change public?
~ $ sudo pacman-key --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0xabed422d653c3094 [sudo] password for lief: gpg: key 653C3094: "Vi0L0 <email@example.com>" not changed gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: unchanged: 1 ==> Updating trust database... gpg: next trustdb check due at 2016-01-22
~ $ sudo pacman-key --lsign-key 0xabed422d653c3094 -> Locally signing key 0xabed422d653c3094... ==> Updating trust database... gpg: next trustdb check due at 2016-01-22
after a pacman -Syu...
error: catalyst-hook: signature from "Vi0L0 <firstname.lastname@example.org>" is invalid :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/catalyst-hook-14.12-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)). Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package) Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
This has been happening for a few days, but I just left it alone and ignored catalyst-hook, as I figured you already had been informed and would already be working on this. However, the kernel can't update until this is resolved, as the catalyst-hook I have requires the current kernel or older.
So, I'm just informing you that the current catalyst-hook doesn't appear to be signed properly, or the package is actually corrupted.
If I have done something incorrect here, I am very happy for you to inform me of that as well!
Please provide documentation on how to install
For us newbies with Archlinux, it would help to know how to install your packages.
I have looked at the tarballs and the various mirror sites, but you have several things in each one.
After adding the mirror sites to my mirrorlist file and doing the pacman -Syy I still am unable to figure out what the bloody package names should be. They do not seem to match the names of files or directories.
I have tried the build of the package downloaded from the AMD website and it reports that there is a missing include file with the Linux version info in it, which I assume you have created along with likely some other bits that are needed to build properly. I am trying to build for the embedded driver versions (Kabini in this case), which I figure will build after I install the right files from your builds.
So please provide some example steps for those of us that are new to this.
- I think that wiki si still pretty accurate:
- so after adding repo you can install minimalistically: pacman -S catalyst-hook catalyst-utils catalyst-libgl
- or more complete version: pacman -S catalyst-hook catalyst-utils catalyst-libgl opencl-catalyst lib32-catalyst-utils lib32-catalyst-libgl lib32-opencl-catalyst
- if using gdm also install catalyst-fix-gdm (well I guess that maybe I should add this to the wiki. Generally wiki is kinda oldie, yes, I will fix it in a free time)
- xvba-video + mplayer-vaapi if want to use vaapi video acceleration
- amdoverdrivectrl is to monitor temps and over/under-clock
- amdtfset-git is a simple yet useful script to turn tear-free on/off without running amdcccle
- other packages are for opencl/opengl developement
- + read postinstall, its important
- --Vi0L0 (talk) 20:20, 6 May 2015 (UTC)
I was able get it figured out with the help of one of my co-workers. I am not sure why I had an issue before doing the local signing. In case it helps anyone these are the steps I used (not sure if the last two are required, I just followed his list of steps):
# vim /etc/pacman.conf Add this at the end (minus leading spaces): [catalyst] Server = http://catalyst.wirephire.com/repo/catalyst/$arch # mkdir /root/.gnupg # pacman-key -r 653C3094 # pacman-key --lsign-key 653C3094 # pacman -Sy Install video driver from Vi0L0's repository # pacman -S catalyst-hook # pacman -S catalyst-utils # pacman -S catalyst-libgl Remove mesa-libgl due to conflicts with catalyst-libgl if you see that message # pacman -S opencl-catalyst opencl-headers # pacman -S qt4 # pacman -S acpid
Invalid PGP signature
The "error: database 'catalyst' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))" error is showing up again. I tried re-fetching the key from the MIT server but that didn't help. Has been happening for around a week, now.
- what mirror are you using? mirror.hactar.xyz is the only properly working atm.
- --Vi0L0 (talk) 19:38, 19 October 2016 (UTC)