The WeTab is a tablet-PC by 4tiitoo and Neofonie.
Download the Bios-Update-Stick-V2.zip from pherzog's website and apply the
.img file inside the zip with dd to a USB Stick like that:
dd if=./Bios-Update-Stick-V2.img of=/dev/sdx
The text file in the zip describes how to boot the USB Stick, this one is a non-literal translation:
- Have the WeTab turned on. Also, have the WeTab connected with the charger, the USB Stick and a Keyboard.
- Turn it off while holding down the "Hotkey" (Upper-left, that touch-sensitive circle)
- It should reboot after approximately five seconds.
- Hold down the "Hotkey" and smash on F11 like it's the last thing you could do before death.
- Select the USB Stick as boot device, follow your common sense from now on.
There's a very hacky solution for getting the HDMI-slot to work in Archlinux.
Then execute the following commands as root:
modprobe i2c-dev mv /dev/i2c-0 /dev/i2c-2 tiitoo-hdmi-daemon
- When you see something on the screen you've plugged on the HDMI-port, you can kill the
tiitoo-hdmi-daemon. But you don't have to.
- These commands have to be executed on every booting process.
- The graphics card in the WeTab is only capable of cloning the output of the internal screen to the HDMI-port, with the same resolution. Because of that, the driver doesn't need a running Xorg to function properly.