Discord is a proprietary, cross-platform, all-in-one voice and text chat application. It is especially tailored for gamers; however, many open-source communities have official Discord servers as well. Discord can be used through a web browser or through the desktop application, which is made with Electron.
You can use one of the following packages to install the desktop application for Discord:
The official app:
- Testing: AUR
- Nightly: AUR
- Ripcord article for more information AUR, see the
Chat client plugins
- By using Pidgin. AUR, you can use Discord on graphical or terminal messenger softwares based on such as
- By using Bitlbee. AUR, you can use Discord via
Custom CSS & Plugins
Through theAUR or AUR packages, Discord can be modified to use custom CSS and plugins.
Note that usage of these packages, or any package or application that modified the Discord client, is against Discord's Terms of Service and may get your account banned. You take all responsibility when using these or similar packages.
- If you experience crackling sounds when in voice chat, you should try the steps outlined here: PulseAudio/Troubleshooting
- If you cannot share individual monitors on a multi-monitor setup, you should try Discord Trello AUR as a workaround to this bug: