BetterDiscord seems to have been replaced with what's known as Bandaged Better Discord (BandagedBD) which still receives updates and is used by some third party clients like Lightcord. The AUR also points to an updated Installer repository for the BandagedBD project (based off references in its README) as updated by the author (the same one who filed the deletion request for AUR on the same day). Thus, it seems like the Custom CSS & Plugins section is up to date and should be kept. Fluix (talk) 06:25, 18 May 2021 (UTC)
- No, BandagedBD was the case for a while but now what used to be called "BetterDiscord v2" has released, and the GitHub link you sent (BetterDiscordApp) is not to BandagedBD but to that new BetterDiscord. (edit: but yes, the AUR package now points to the new BetterDiscord, so the section can be kept) Puyo (talk) 07:06, 25 May 2021 (UTC)
- Ah okay, so just a naming thing either way. Where do you get "BetterDiscord v2" by the way? The latest release (6 days ago) is v1.1.1 and I can't find the reference to v2 anywhere in the code so it seems like this is just the new BetterDiscord under the same name. Fluix (talk) 20:17, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
Missing Emoji Fonts for the Discord Page
This was discussed in the forums regarding a common issue where Discord doesn't display certain elements due to not having an emoji font package installed. Adding this to the page can help new or otherwise unaware users solve this issue so that it doesn't have to be asked every time someone encounters it not knowing that emojis are considered fonts. (For reference: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1998084#p1998084 )
- Yeah, good point, I'll do a Troubleshooting section. We're fortunate that the packages needed for support are already known as they're as optional deps for AUR
- - AUR
Alleviating GPU Acceleration Issues ("slow" UI responsiveness) in Discord
A friend of mine discovered that adding these arguments for launching Discord fixed slow UI responsiveness (despite that by default, enabling GPU acceleration didn't fix it; for me as well) when interacting with things:
--enable-accelerated-mjpeg-decode --enable-accelerated-video --ignore-gpu-blacklist --enable-native-gpu-memory-buffers --enable-gpu-rasterization
- I needed to add some more arguments, as shown in Chromium#Hardware_video_acceleration (which is already linked to here)
- My full arguments:
--ignore-gpu-blocklist --disable-features=UseOzonePlatform --enable-features=VaapiVideoDecoder --use-gl=desktop --enable-gpu-rasterization --enable-zero-copy --enable-features=VaapiIgnoreDriverChecks --disable-features=UseChromeOSDirectVideoDecoder --enable-native-gpu-memory-buffers
- Don't know if this should be added to the original line of arguments to use when launching Discord, but just in case someone has the same issue as me.
- Dtomvan (talk) 22:48, 3 January 2023 (UTC)
Webcord's Wayland screensharing
From what I and others have experienced, it seems like Screensharing on wayland for Webcord is currently functional as of July 27th, 2022.
Any requests to share this with the main page?