Gajim is a full featured and easy to use XMPP client.
Install the package.
D-Bus remote control
To enable D-Bus remote control support, go to Preferences > Advanced > Advanced Configuration Editor, open the 'Advanced Configuration Editor', enable remote_control, and then restart Gajim.
If you would like to be able to show/hide the roster using a script or your wm, you can use the following command from the terminal.
$ gajim-remote toggle_roster_appearance
It may be necessary to restart Gajim if this doesn't work.
OMEMO Multi-End Message and Object Encryption is an XMPP Extension Protocol (XEP) for secure multi-client end-to-end encryption. It is an open standard based on Axolotl and PEP which can be freely used and implemented by anyone.
In order to use OMEMO in Gajim, follow these steps:
- Install the and packages.
- Open Gajim and go to menu Gajim => Plugins;
- Go to the Available tab;
- Mark the "OMEMO" plugin and click the Install/Update Plugin button;
- Go back to the Installed tab;
- Activate the "OMEMO" plugin;
- Close dialogs to save the changes;
- Restart Gajim;
- Please refer to the official documentation for running instructions
Minimize / Close to tray
By default Gajim remains in the taskbar (for Docks) instead of minimizing to tray when closing it. If you would like to disable this behavior, go to Preferences > Advanced > Advanced Configuration Editor and change hide_on_roster_x_button to Activated.