- PeerTube is a free and open-source, decentralized, federated video platform powered by ActivityPub and WebTorrent, that uses peer-to-peer technology to reduce load on individual servers when viewing videos.
Install the AUR package.
Follow the configuration steps of the production guide:
- Create a database and user in PostgreSQL.
- Edit the first section of the
- If you want to edit the settings through the web UI, you must change the ownership of the config folder
# chown -R peertube:peertube /etc/peertube
- (Optional) Configure and start a reverse proxy. PeerTube has official support for nginx, and the configuration file can be found at
Finally, start the
peertube service and point your browser to the URL from the configuration file (
http://localhost:9000 by default without a reverse proxy).
peertube.example.com, users can only login from that address, and not from other locations, such as