- PeerTube is a free and open-source, decentralized, federated video platform powered by ActivityPub and WebTorrent, that uses peer-to-peer technology to reduce load on individual servers when viewing videos.
Install the AUR package.
Follow the configuration steps of the production guide:
- Create a database and user with a password in PostgreSQL, following the instructions on the GitHub link.
- Edit the first section of the
/etc/peertube/production.yaml. Make sure you change the database password to match the one you set earlier.
- Start/enable the Redis service.
- If you want to edit the settings through the web UI, you must change the ownership of the configuration folder:
# chown -R peertube:peertube /etc/peertube
- (Optional) Configure and start a reverse proxy. PeerTube has official support for nginx, and the configuration file can be found at
/usr/share/webapps/peertube/support/nginx/peertubeMake sure you change the file paths to the ones used by this package.
- (Optional) If you are having trouble with getting the package to work, fix possible permissions problems:
# chown -R peertube:peertube /var/lib/peertube/
Note: Once an address has been set in the configuration file, e.g.
peertube.example.com, users can only login from that address, and not from other locations, such as