Regarding Borderlands 2 SHiFT authentication fix, I had to create the symlink to /etc/ssl in /usr/lib in order to get authentication to work, per this post:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/616189742722687689/#c616189742811551908 —This unsigned comment is by Soseihin (talk) 07:25, 10 April 2015. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
"Alien: Isolation" and "Revenge of the Titans" didn't start without XRandr
I see that libxtst is set as dependency for "Revenge of the Titans" so maybe xrandr dependency should be replaced by libxtst. From my investigation xrandr is needed to detect displays. Soos (talk) 09:23, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel crash on startup
Sometimes these games crash right after the startup and the following entries can be seen in dmesg:
[ 671.617205] Borderlands2: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00000000ff9a462c error 14 in Borderlands2[8048000+235a000] [ 680.768555] BorderlandsPreS: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00000000ffb7f55c error 14 in BorderlandsPreSequel[8048000+22cd000]
In this case the following 2 steps helped me troubleshooting it (taken from here
1) Install steam-native-runtime package:
$ sudo pacman -S steam-native-runtime
2) Add LD_PRELOAD to the launch options (Borderlands 2 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options...):
It can also be combined with the SSL certs workaround by adding both variables to the command line:
LD_PRELOAD='./libcxxrt.so:/usr/$LIB/libstdc++.so.6' SSL_CERT_DIR="/etc/pki/tls/certs" %command%
Perhaps we can add this info onto the main page, it seems like this issue might affect many users (at least the guy who I referred in the link above had exactly the same symptoms as myself). I don't know if I'm allowed to edit the main page.
steam launch options
Is there a reason why launch options are listed following way
Civilization 6 crashes oddly
I've set up Civ6 on Steam exactly as described on this page. However, what happens is that the game starts, but once I go past the Sean Bean talk screen about my civilization, the game crashes. This is the relevant terminal output at crash:
connect(2) call to /dev/shm/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory) attempt to connect to server failed Game removed: AppID 289070 "Sid Meier's Civilization VI", ProcID 5578
libopenssl-1.0-compat AUR package gone
4 games currently reference #OpenSSL 1.0 setup, which links to AUR which is no longer in the AUR.
- I think Lonaowna (talk) 09:39, 2 July 2017 (UTC) / should work. Unable to check at the moment though.
This article is a mess
- Workarounds are just added once and not verified / maintained.
- Many workarounds are objectively bad (modifying system libraries, deleting game libraries, symlinking/copying system libraries in the game directory).
- It is not clear whether workarounds are for
- It's the nature of the beast. Everyone has a different setup and the state of a workaround can change as games are updated or if the Steam runtime changes. I agree that workarounds should not suggest dangerous things like modifying system libs, but in those cases I would rather modify the workaround to be more safe rather than remove it. We could add a big disclaimer at the top of the page indicating that users should exercise caution when following instructions from here and of course add templates to the specific problematic workarounds, but I can't think of much else we can do.
- Silverhammermba (talk) 15:29, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Ideally games would be run in reproducible environments containing only the required packages (and their dependencies). I mean you shouldn't have to uninstall a package to test if it is needed by a game. Unfortunately I don't know how to create such environments on Arch Linux.
- --Larivact (talk) 08:02, 4 February 2018 (UTC)
Would it be possible for someone to post a guide on how to get Torchlight 2 to work on Arch Linux since it does not load at all. I would appreciate someone doing Torchlight 2 troubleshooting if possible? I have found assistance on steam forum but the suggestions they provided don't usually help and sound pretty basic instructions but the game don't still work. Darkstar (talk) 21:11, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
- To run Torchlight 2 with the libfontconfig update installed, you need to set your launch options to
- It should run fine after this.
- Hi, Just tried this now, and thank you, the game itself now works and launches as normal, now I can play this game on Arch Linux. Could someone mention this fix on the main article if possible as I'm not 100% with the mediawiki software nor interface. Regards Darkstar (talk) 16:26, 4 June 2018 (UTC)