Regarding Borderlands 2 SHiFT authentication fix, I had to create the symlink to /etc/ssl in /usr/lib in order to get authentication to work, per this post:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/616189742722687689/#c616189742811551908 —This unsigned comment is by Soseihin (talk) 07:25, 10 April 2015. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
"Alien: Isolation" and "Revenge of the Titans" didn't start without XRandr
I see that libxtst is set as dependency for "Revenge of the Titans" so maybe xrandr dependency should be replaced by libxtst. From my investigation xrandr is needed to detect displays. Soos (talk) 09:23, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel crash on startup
Sometimes these games crash right after the startup and the following entries can be seen in dmesg:
[ 671.617205] Borderlands2: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00000000ff9a462c error 14 in Borderlands2[8048000+235a000] [ 680.768555] BorderlandsPreS: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00000000ffb7f55c error 14 in BorderlandsPreSequel[8048000+22cd000]
In this case the following 2 steps helped me troubleshooting it (taken from here
1) Install steam-native-runtime package:
$ sudo pacman -S steam-native-runtime
2) Add LD_PRELOAD to the launch options (Borderlands 2 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options...):
It can also be combined with the SSL certs workaround by adding both variables to the command line:
LD_PRELOAD='./libcxxrt.so:/usr/$LIB/libstdc++.so.6' SSL_CERT_DIR="/etc/pki/tls/certs" %command%
Perhaps we can add this info onto the main page, it seems like this issue might affect many users (at least the guy who I referred in the link above had exactly the same symptoms as myself). I don't know if I'm allowed to edit the main page.
steam launch options
Is there a reason why launch options are listed following way
Civilization 6 crashes oddly
I've set up Civ6 on Steam exactly as described on this page. However, what happens is that the game starts, but once I go past the Sean Bean talk screen about my civilization, the game crashes. This is the relevant terminal output at crash:
connect(2) call to /dev/shm/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory) attempt to connect to server failed Game removed: AppID 289070 "Sid Meier's Civilization VI", ProcID 5578
I had a similar error if I tried to launch the game with a USB DAC connected. Seeing that the error is generated by a call to some JACK shared memory, I think you may be having a similar problem. Has your audio setup changed? --Bumblebeer (talk) 01:05, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
libopenssl-1.0-compat AUR package gone
4 games currently reference #OpenSSL 1.0 setup, which links to AUR which is no longer in the AUR.
- I think Lonaowna (talk) 09:39, 2 July 2017 (UTC) / should work. Unable to check at the moment though.
Would it be possible for someone to post a guide on how to get Torchlight 2 to work on Arch Linux since it does not load at all. I would appreciate someone doing Torchlight 2 troubleshooting if possible? I have found assistance on steam forum but the suggestions they provided don't usually help and sound pretty basic instructions but the game don't still work. Darkstar (talk) 21:11, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
- To run Torchlight 2 with the libfontconfig update installed, you need to set your launch options to
- It should run fine after this.
- Hi, Just tried this now, and thank you, the game itself now works and launches as normal, now I can play this game on Arch Linux. Could someone mention this fix on the main article if possible as I'm not 100% with the mediawiki software nor interface. Regards Darkstar (talk) 16:26, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
System Shock 2 not launching!
Having trouble with this game it only states "-running" and then nothing loads and doesn't launch could someone who's experienced help out please I'm trying to use this without wine and will refuse to install wine on my system but would like to play it natively I've tried it with steam-runtime & steam-native currently using steam-native on my system. Also the wiki doesn't have any fix for this game on Arch and I've had problems with it for the Ubuntu, Fedora and SteamOS systems also. I'd appreciate anyone finding a fix for this game to get it to work without the use of any "dodgy" wine software which I really don't like to use. Regards Darkstar (talk) 20:58, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- Also it did use to work before the Nightdive Studio company behind the Linux version updated the actual game for Linux after then it refused to work on any Linux-based systems and the compnay who I did contacted refused to provide any further assistance stating that "its out of their hands". Darkstar (talk) 21:03, 6 September 2018 (UTC)