Talk:Table of contents
Non-English categories should follow the naming scheme Title in English (Language). See Help:i18n for details. Template:i18n should be included on all category pages. Furthermore, all category titles should be appropriately capitalized (Like a Title).
Are there any objections? I will prepare an outline of my imagined category tree shortly.
-- pointone 20:20, 10 May 2011 (EDT)
- How about using native category names with redirects to i18n named categories on category pages? --AlexanderR (talk)
- Actually I was thinking to propose the liberalization of titles for all pages (not only categories), but only after implementing Help_talk:I18n#.22Dummy.22_interlanguage_links_and_deprecation_of_Template:i18n. Please, until then let's stick with the current standard: we'll discuss this thing after that, there's already lots of stuff going on in that talk page :) -- Kynikos (talk) 20:30, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
[split from a previous discussion, now closed. -- Kynikos 16:48, 23 April 2012 (EDT)]
As I began sorting and standardizing the Spanish categories, I realized that many English categories have improper capitalization.
These issues could probably more efficiently be dealt with simultaneously. --Emiralle 21:46, 10 September 2011 (EDT)
- I can easily solve this one with my bot, although it's not urgent. -- Kynikos 16:48, 23 April 2012 (EDT)
- Maybe not so easily, since I'd need a dictionary of words that should be left lower-case. -- Kynikos (talk) 20:51, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
"also in" translations
Currently only Spanish,
French, Italian and Portuguese have a translated "also in" string for categories with more than one parent, all the others are using the English wording. Please request new translations here. -- Kynikos 05:59, 12 March 2012 (EDT)
- I think it is not such hard to translate "also in" to ask native speakers to send it =). So I decided help you to localise bot.
ar:أيضا في bg:също в cs:také v da:også i de:auch in el:επίσης σε es:también en he:גם ב hr:također u hu:is id:juga di it:anche in ja:また、中 ko:도에 lt:taip pat ir nl:ook in pl:również pt:também em ru:также в sk:tiež v sr:такође у th:ยังอยู่ใน uk:також в zh-CN:? zh-TW:?
- If you are still doing this and still need one, you can add French aussi dans. Thanks! Modhaarn (talk) 23:21, 12 February 2016 (UTC)
Place two lists side by side
What about idea of placing list of categories side by side in non english articles? In that case order of translated titles will be exactly matching with english titles. For non existing translated categories we can just make a blank cell. For example there is no russian category classroom and so numbering is going out of sync with english toc. But with table it will be like this:
|1.3||Arch Wiki (26)||Arch Wiki (Russian) (17)|
|1.5||Events (3)||Events (Russian) (1)|