- for copy/paste capabilities
- Xorg applications to run under cagebreak for allowing
The general configuration for cagebreak is located in
$XDG_CONFIG_PATH/cagebreak/config. This defaults to
An example configuration file may be found on Github.
Start cagebreak like any other binary.
The following is an example of how to install and use cagebreak with the configuration file provided on Github.
cagebreakas per #Installation. You should use AUR unless you have reasons to do otherwise.
- Copy the example configuration from Github to
$XDG_CONFIG_PATH/cagebreak/config. Documentation is provided in .
xtermwith your preferred terminal emulator in the configuration file.
- Run the following command or add it to
~/.bash_profileto run cagebreak on login (see #Keyboard layout for explanation):
$ XKB_DEFAULT_LAYOUT=us cagebreak
- Cagebreak should start up and display the terminal emulator you specified above. Press
tto open a new terminal or
Sto split the screen. You can also use
Alt-<number>to switch to the workspace
<number>. For a full list of available keybindings, read the configuration file and the documentation.
- If you wish, you may also interact with cagebreak using the unix domain socket. See #Interaction through socket for further information.
- Also, please file any bugs you may find:
Set the environment variable
XKB_DEFAULT_LAYOUT to the desired keyboard layout. See the man page for further information.
Interaction through socket
On startup, cagebreak opens a unix domain socket through which interaction with the compositor is possible
at run-time. The path to this socket is stored in the
CAGEBREAK_SOCKET environment variable.
For example, may be invoked with:
$ nc -U $CAGEBREAK_SOCKET
to send cagebreak any configuration while it is running. The syntax is identical to the syntax of the configuration file.