The main article for this category is Laptop.
This category contains articles about installing and configuring Arch Linux on laptops. Model-specific pages should be categorized under the appropriate manufacturer subcategory to avoid clutter.
- For general Arch Linux installation instructions you should always follow the Installation guide and use the respective laptop pages to be aware of hardware specifics. For post-install instructions the General recommendations and Laptop are meta-pages to guide to relevant content to be followed in parallel to any hardware specific configuration which the articles in this category may contain.
- If you want to add information, consider first where it fits best. In particular do not duplicate existing instructions from other articles of the ArchWiki to laptop articles. Instead detail hardware specific configuration and work with crosslinking existing instructions, or improve them if your contribution is applicable to other hardware.
- If you wish to include lspci output, make sure to mention the specific model number, and add the information at the end of the article.
- If you want to create a new article, two examples:
- An example of a laptop article with a minimum of content duplication and a focus on the particular hardware is ASUS N550JV.
- Another example is Acer C720 Chromebook, which details hardware specific instructions and relates to Chrome OS devices as a seperate meta-page, because the device category itself requires very specific installation steps.
- Please consider to use similar content structures to keep focus.
This category has the following 31 subcategories, out of 31 total.