Notes for the GPD MicroPC.
- Display: 6inch 720x1280 (yes, rotated)
- CPU: Intel Gemini Lake N4100 4x 1.10GHz
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4-2133
- Storage: 128GB M2-2242 SATA SSD (replacable)
- Battery: 6200mAh
- WiFi: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
- LAN: Realtek RTL8168
- Audio: Intel 8086:3198
- Input Devices: QWERTY Keyboard, 3 Mouse Bottons, Touchpad, Power Buttom, physical CPU-Fan Switch, reset Switch
- Ports: 3 x USB 3 type A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB 3 type C, 1 x microSDXC, 1 x RJ45, 1 x DB9 (RS232), 1 x 3.5mm Headphone Jack
USB-C Port is used for charging, it supports PD 2.0 but is also compatible with 5V USB Chargers
After kernel 5.4, automatic GuC / HuC firmware loading will cause issues with the
i915 driver. The attached DSI display will work correctly, but HDMI and DisplayPort may show a blank screen on plug or cause hangs on resume from hibernate. On modern kernels, there is no resolution for DP support over the USB-C connection. Rebooting while the USB-C port is attached to a DP screen will allow it to function for that session only, hibernation will cause a hang at a blank screen. For mostly functional HDMI support, it is necessary to pass the following kernel parameters to configure
i915.modesset=-1 i915.enable_guc=0 i915.enable_dpcd_backlight=0 i915.disable_power_well=1 i915.enable_fbc=0 i915.reset=1 i915.mitigations=auto i915.fastboot=0
For an working keyboard during boot, add battery to the preloaded modules:
... MODULES=(battery) ...
screen rotation during boot
For correct screen rotation during boot, add fbcon=rotate:1 to your bootloader config:
... options root=/dev/mapper/crypt cryptdevice=UUID=000ccc23-4223-0ccc-4223-deadbeaf2342:btrfs rw fbcon=rotate:1 ...
The screen is on DSI-1 and 90° rotated, so you need to configure this:
... # configure display # get the names of your outputs by: swaymsg -t get_outputs output DSI-1 resolution 720x1280 transform 90 ...