GoldenDict is a feature-rich dictionary lookup program.
There are several packages available to install GoldenDict with:
- goldendict-gitAUR — Original version;
- goldendict-webengine-gitAUR — A fork that includes countless fixes and improvements.
Offline dictionary lookup with dictd
dictd must be configured for hosting offline dictionaries. See Dictd#Hosting offline dictionaries.
Once the dictionaries have been installed, and
dictd has been configured,
goldendict can be configured to access the
dictd dictionary databases by following these steps:
F3to bring up the Dictionaries window.
- Click on the DICT servers tab
- Click Add...
- Click to put a checkmark under Enabled
- Double click under Address and type:
dict://localhost. Make sure to change
dictdis running on another server.
- And finally click OK.